Ahava; one can only make one happy by free will.

As opposed to my other blog, this is one for moments that are not for analyse. Stop Thinking and Stop Explaining. Stop, wonder and accept the unknown and eternal inevitablity of life and love... I am mozzarella!

7/12/2005

North Sea Jazz


For the last time The Hague hosted the North Sea Jazz festival. It was the 30th edition of this get-together and once again people from all ages, colours and genders ventured into the concrete maze that is called the National Congress Centre.
I was fortunate enough to work for ISS during the entire weekend as cleaning service, which ment I could walk around freely as long as my terrain, which I shared with my girlfriend, was clean. Our terrain was near the "Spiegeltent" and the "Carel Willink"-hall. Most of the work was cleaning food off the tables and replacing full trashcans with empty ones.

Unfortunatly I could see much of the music, but the atmosphere was excellent. Jazz seems to relax everybody, as there were no real incidents in our terrain. Some of the acts I did see were "Steps Ahead", which sounded really progressive and modern with a very good live sound.
I hope that the move to Rotterdam, where the Festival is held next year, will be a good one. It was alot of fun working on the festival with my girlfriend and other friends.

1 Comments:

At 1:21 p.m., Blogger herman said...

yes, it was really nice indeed. even though i am not really into jazz yet, the atmosphere was superb.

herman

 

Een reactie posten

<< Home